Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to School Thoughts on Food


Walking through the food vender areas and designated eating on campus made me REALLY realize how my food choices and have changed since I last stepped foot on this place nearly 4 months ago. 

Looking now, at things I ate last year gives me an unsettling feeling in my stomach that makes me not want to eat there again. If not ever, at least not as often. Some things I still miss every once in a while like the lattes and cookies at Cookies by George, or the delicious and not that greasy Gyros at Feta Olives. But some are just so gross, now that I look at them. I don’t know how I ate there before. 

Another example: Edo. Growing up, there’s always been an Edo just around the corner. At the malls during junior high and high school, and now a couple of them scattered around campus. When I ate there the last couple years, I was very picky with my food. Half sauce, less rice extra veggies, exc. It’s what I like to call “the healthier option”. But now that I look back at what I ate, despite me doing my best to get the healthier options at the not so healthy food vendors, I can’t grasp the idea of willingly and joyfully eating at places like Edo again simply because the food isn’t as wholesome and balanced as I have learned to eat - to fuel and nourish my body with. 

I’m not saying I’m going to boycott places like Edo or all the other non-healthy vendors, but it’s just my way of letting my readers know the reflection I have had on my past food choices today. I can guarentee you that in a couple months, I am bound to stop at Edo or one of the other places I have longed visit. And that’s okay. Sure it’s not the “wholesome and balanced” food I SHOULD be eating, but we all have to be lenient with things from time to time. 

For those of you who are also in school/college, you would know what I’m talking about. A wholesome, home cooked meal beats stuff like Edo, Subway, or Mama’s Donair any day (at least, I hope so). I intend to make an entry with good tasting, nutritious, easy to make lunches that students can make and take with them to school. 

Thanks for taking time from reading those boring ol’ textbooks and reading my blog! 

Cheers 
xoxo  


P.S. I love sugar-free vanilla lattes <3


No comments:

Post a Comment