Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Save Money While Grocery Shopping! (02/20)

The boyfriend came and took me to grab a sandwich at a coffee shop (delicious by the way), and then he took me grocery shopping.

What I love about grocery shopping

  • The thought of having complete control over what I put into my cart/ my stomach makes me feel strong and independent. 
  • Being able to put the knowledge I have to use makes me feel useful! 
  • Saving money!!! Even though buying groceries cost money, it saves you money in terms of discounts, savings, and not eating out! 
My super-saver-bargin-coupon digging side kicked in last night when I was putting my grocery list together, and I made sure I looked through several different grocery store flyers for the best deals. 

Today, I chose superstore. Their produce was significantly cheaper than it's competitors, not to mention that I also have their Mastercard and Points card, which means that I get points for shopping there (which equals free groceries in the future, for those of you who don't know!) 

My Grocery Haul of the Day 
All for under $50! 

Everything here will last me over a week, maybe week and a half or more. I've got some regular fruit yogurt and greek yogurt, organic frozen fruits for smoothies, fresh vegetables, and some meat :) 

What I felt the best about when leaving the store is not only did I save money on my groceries, but it also contributed to this: 


Which means free groceries next week! And to take that another step further, I recently discovered a website called SnapSaves. What you do is look at the weekly offers, decide if you need to purchase those things, and scan+send the receipt to them after shopping - and you get money back for it! Sign up today so you can start saving too! 

This makes me look forward to the next grocery trip in a couple weeks! 

Happy Hump Day everyone! 
Cheers! 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment