Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Booty Move of the Week - Curtsey Lunges (12/17)


Aloha readers! 
For the next few weeks, I'd like to feature some of the moves I like to do in my leg day workouts. 

Todays post will be about one of my favourite moves to do during leg days. I find that when I do regular pulse or walking lunges, I get a lot of pressure in my knee and hip joints. To work around that, I like to do curtsey lunges. There's less pressure on those joints, AND it really works the side of your booty :) 


1. Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart (top picture). 
2. Starting with your right foot, take a step back and cross your right foot behind your left foot, without rotating your hips (bottom left picture). 
3. Slowly bend your knees and bring your right knee to almost touching the ground, as if you're doing a curtsy (bottom right picture). 
4. Push up with your left heel and return to the starting position. 
5. Alternate legs each time, for a total of 15 reps per leg. 

Try this out, and leave a comment below and tell me what you think! 

Cheers! 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment