Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Friday, December 26, 2014

Booty Move of The Week - Sumo Squats (12/26)


Merry Christmas everyone! 
I know I'm a day late on posting, but the holidays is about spending time with the people you love. And I hope that's exactly what you did! 
Today I'm going to share with you a squat variation that I like to include in my workouts. I seldom get tension in my hips, so Sumo Squats are a good exercise to help strengthen them. It also helps strengthen the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes! Try these out, and share your feedback with me! 


1. Stand up straight, with feet wider than shoulder width apart, toes pointed out (top pictures).
2. Keep your chest up high, shoulders pulled back, and keeping your back straight.
3. As you squat down, go to parallel level or even lower if you can (bottom pictures).
4. As you come back up, push up through your heels. Like a normal squat, squeeze your glutes at the end for a couple seconds.

Cheers! 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment