Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Crazy Fun Weekend Update

It's been a fun and crazy weekend so far! On Friday night, I went to our annual "Taste of Edmonton" festival and indulged in a LOT of yummy (but not so healthy) foods. But that's okay because the reason I went there was to indulge and enjoy myself. We had a great variety of food, from deep fried mars bars to candied bacon, bacon mac and cheese, bulgogi meatballs on rice, bison capriccio, and so much more! We were too food crazy to take pictures, but we did snap one of this :) 

After letting our stomachs settle for a few hours, we headed off to the annual fairgrounds carnival "K-Days". Things only got better from there! For the first time I tried deep fried oreos - OH my god. They were sooo good. I'm already an addict when it comes to oreos in general, but to have DEEP fried oreos!? Mmm mmm. 

On top of that I was really looking forward to something called the "Works on Cubes Fries". It was essentially the works on a decent block size of curly fries. But when I was about to order it, it didnt seem as appetizing and looked messy, so I got really works, and they were also delicious :D 



Knowing that I really let myself go yesterday, I still went out for lunch with my friends today. We went to a diner called "DaDeo's", which I have never been to before. The boyfriend said the place is "known for deep fried and comfort food, but was really good." And I guess he was right! I had the crab cake po boy with a side of potato hash, and also some "Cajun cigars" (seafood spring rolls). 




Needless to say I didn't feel so good afterwards, so I did a good long and hard workout afterwards in the evening (after napping for hours and lettin my stomach recover). I'll admit that I let myself go a little too far, but I'm not going to dwell over it too much. Tomorrow's a new day, so I'm gonna try to get back on track :) 

 

Feeling stronger every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment