Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Post Trip Update


Aloha fellow readers, I am back! 
Hawaii was beautiful and I had a lot of fun, but there were definitely people and things back here at home that I missed dearly. 

There are so many things I want to talk about and share but I don't know where to start! I'm still in the process of collecting photos from my friend and uploading them, so I will add some pics later! 

  • Our hotel was a 30 second walk from Waikiki beach and was amazing. 
  • The beach was always crowded with people, surfers, paddleboarders, and people like us, laying there suntanning. 
  • We went parasailing near the end of our trip - 600+ ft in the air, looking at the waikiki skyline - amazing feeling. 
  • The night life in Waikiki is very lively once past around 9. Night markets, street performers, magicians, exc. Everywhere doing everything! 
  • The tour I booked turned out to be with a chinese touring agency so we were stuck with chinese fobby people the entire trip xD 
Day 1 - Arrival - dropped off at hotel and had the rest of the day to do whatever we like. I recall walking around the streets, going to the beach, and eating yummy food 

Day 2 - Polynesian Culture center - we got to take a look at the insides of the "Hawiian" people's lives, their kind of performances with drums, and how they made coconut milk ! This all ended off with a complementary buffet dinner (limited selection but still filled our bellies) and a semi-musical theatre performance of the life of Polynesian's. 

Day 3 - Mini circle island tour - Even though this island looks so small on the map, and still small when you're standing right in front of it, the scenery is a sight to see. It was so beautiful, the water was a mixture of deep blue and sea green. There was even a mini beach at the very bottom where families were swimming and playing in the water. 

Day 4 - Hawaii Island and Volcano Museum tour - Since we were in O'ahu, we had to fly on a plane to arrive at Hawaii, "The Big Island". When we arrived, we toured the south eastern part of the Hawaii island (We only had about 10 hours to adventure, and the island was too big to see everything in one day, sadly). We went to different places like the local university's space museum, we went to the volcanic national park to see the volcanic craters that were emitting smoke, "The black sea" is what I think they call it, where the lava pushes up from under ground and cools to become black rocks on the shore line. Most crazy of all, was that there were little BLACK crabs by the shoreline too!! 

Day 5 - Pearl Harbour and City tour + parasailing - Being a fan of Hawaii- Five O, going to Pearl Harbour to sight see was something I always wanted to do. What can I say! Other than the fact of it's well known history, constantly seeing it on TV made me want to go that much more. I was never a person who was very interested in history in general, but I learned a lot in this visit to Pearl Harbour. We learned about the ships (we even got to tour one of the missiles), we got to see videos of guest speakers talking about the ship, and we also learned about the history behind the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. I have to admit, I got touched by watching that video. 

We then continued off to a parasailing adventure only 10 minutes drive away from our hotel (which we previously booked before leaving). It was SO much fun, no lie. They strap you up, and then let the parasail go and start driving the boat forward and you just get yanked into the sky when that gust of wind strikes! My friend was screaming like crazy (hahaha), but once you get settled down and just start to enjoy the view, everything becomes calm around you. Until they try to swerve you and dip you in the water, that is :)  

Day 6 and Day 7 - these were additional days that we booked for our trip that was not part of the tour. We did our own things these two days. Shopping, more shopping, going around to eat delicious food, sun tanning on the beach until we looked like cooked lobsters, and just enjoying the night life. I did not get to enjoy it as much as I was feeling dizzy and sick half way through the trip. I had to take things easier and many nights, returned to the hotel early to sleep or to take a nap. 

Stay tuned for photos!
Mahalo! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment