Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Friday, June 20, 2014

Lifting Weights Changed My Life


I'm not joking. 



I've heard all of the "if you start working out you will feel better about yourself". And that is true. But I was mainly sticking to cardio and believed in the myth that lifting weights will make a woman bulky or "unfeminine". But lifting weights was one of the biggest moves I made for myself, and it has changed my life. 

It was May 2013 when I started lifting weights. I even remember taking Wednesdays off so I can go to the gym to use the weights - I called it Weights Wednesday xD 
I think after about 3 weeks, I started to really see some results - especially in my arms. I was hooked! I started to go maybe twice a week. The only thing that was holding me back was the soreness xD I was such a baby and would not go more than two days in a row because "I was too sore" :P 

I love lifting weights, but sometimes I feel like I'm not doing it enough to be really pushing myself. Sometimes I feel like I'm not really getting anywhere with it. I've always been in my comfort zone when it comes to the weights on the machines (ie. lat pull-downs and cable rows). It's rather in the free weights that I'm able to keep increasing the resistance. 

I blame the lack of consistency I have with the gym and the gaps I have between gym sessions (ie. 3 days off work and at the gym, and then 4 days at work with no workouts except walking all day). 

But the point of this post is that - doing something you've never done before, or have been afraid to do, maybe be the best choice of your life (except for drugs!) 

Cheers! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment