Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Monday, June 2, 2014

Workout of the Day: Glutes and Abs (06/02)

Bikini Booty Summer Body Challenge - Week 4 Day 5 


Ladies! I am so proud of myself today! 
I completed the entire workout, and it was a KILLER! 
On top of that, I was actually able to make it to the gym after 4 long working days :D 
My legs were feeling like jelly and was shaking by the time I was doing my foam rolling at the end. 

So with the 4th week of the program, I introduced the dead-lift exercise. 
The dead-lift movement is often known as the best exercise for targeting the glutes and the hamstrings. When I did the exercise today, I learned the reason why. It is HARD. It really works your hamstrings. 

The reason I have put it off so far into the program is because I always had trouble with my squats. My knees would go past my toes, my back posture was not correct, and adding weights to the improper posture didn't help with my back pain. 

For the past 4 weeks, with 2 days each dedicated to some form of leg exercise and squats, I have been able to work on my form - and it has been back-pain free squatting for the last 3 weeks :) The posture is not mastered, but I know I've come a long ways. 

I tried to do dead-lifts with 10 pound dumbbells in each hand, and it was too painful (along with incorrect posture). So I tried 7.5 pounds. Still too heavy. I was started to get frustrated. I put the dumbbells away and started to go through the motion without the weights. Needless to say, some people were laughing at me and giving me side glances. 

But I didn't care - because I was doing it for me and it was helping me! After a few sets of that, I was able to do the movement with 5 pounders. 

Have to keep working on the posture though! 
Chest and Triceps workout tomorrow! 

Cheers! 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment