Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Today's Adventurous "Creation": Cauliflower (Crust) Pizza!

Firstly, this isn't something I "created". I simply googled the online recipe, and tweaked it to my liking :) The recipe that I followed can be found here. 

The Process

Step 1: Peel and wash the cauliflower. Since I didn't have a food processor, I used a small hand chopper to break up the cauliflower (somewhat long and tedious task)

Step 2: Once it is all chopped up, add an egg into the bowl and mix it in. If you are using a whole head of cauliflower, use one egg. Use half an egg if you are making a smaller pizza. 



Step 3: Once your have mixed the egg in, add in any spices that you desire. I always use my Mrs. Dash Sodium Free seasonings, because they are absolutely delish and sodium free! Today I used Garlic and Herbs, as well as a couple dashes of pepper. 

Step 4: Thoroughly mix all the spices in. You can put the "dough" onto a pizza pan, or just a regular baking sheet like I did (since I don't own a pizza pan). Be sure to grease the pan first! You can also line it with parchment paper just to be safe. 
Tip: Don't spread the dough to thin or else it will burn easily. 
Sprinkle extra seasoning on top if desired 


Step 5: Bake on 425 Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown 

Step 6: Remove pan from oven. Add on your choice of toppings. Today I added a few teaspoons of low sodium tomato sauce, low fat tex-mex cheese, grated carrots,  thinly sliced zuchinni's, and grilled chicken (seasoned with Mrs Dash's Garlic and Herb and Southwest Chicken). 
Tip: I cooked the chicken to about 80% because I didn't want super dried up chicken in the finished product. 




Step 7: Pop the pan back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes, until cheese is fully melted. Remove from oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and enjoy! 

Finished Product 

No comments:

Post a Comment