Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Why I Love to Cook

Cooking gives me freedom. I get to choose what to cook, and how to cook it. It's like a painter who loves to paint. You give them a blank canvas - but for me you'd give me pots and pans. You'd give painters paint, but you'd give me fresh ingredients to cook with. And let the art begin. 

Here are a few pictures of the dishes I made (I mainly make chicken and fish dishes because it's my main sources of protein - but let's face it, it's also easy to make =P ) 


Grilled Chicken and Sauteed Shrimp on Whole Wheat Linguini 


Lemon and Dill Baked Salmon with Sauteed Asparagus and Baked Yam and Potato


Baked Haddock with Garlic and Herb Sauce, Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast, 
and Steamed Veggies 


I love to cook also because it gives me the sense of control. I'm in control of what I'm putting into my body. Ever since I started this new lifestyle change, I've become more concerned with what I'm ingesting. From processed sugars, extra chemicals and preservatives, all that junk. Grocery trips have now gone from 45 minutes to well over 90 minutes because I like to take my time to look and compare labels (my boyfriend secretly hates me because of that xP ) 

Lastly, it gives me the sense of independence. Paying for my own groceries, cooking my own meals (and sometimes even mom's), and being able to show people like my mom that she doesn't need to take care of me as much as she used to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment