Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Friday, June 14, 2013

What The Truck!? - Food Truck Extravaganza

Some of my close friends are aware that I have a thing for food trucks. There's just something about the taste of their food and their mobile transportation that gives it more of a thrill than a normal dine in restaurant. 

I have seen many food truck eateries on the Food Channel Network, but I had yet to experience it in my own hometown. Last summer I got the opportunity to sample "Drift" and "Nomad" food truck's delicious food. It was a mesmerizing experience, and I definitely was looking forward to more of those events. 

Tonight, in the company of my boyfriend, we ventured off to Whyte Ave for our first big "Food Truck Eatery" event :D 

Tonight was What the Truck's Food Truck line up. It featured 12 different food trucks, including Drift, Nomad, Sailiin' On, Bully, and many more. 

Come take a look at what we had to eat tonight and what we think about it! 


Ahi Tuna Tortilla Rolls РMexican-inspired tortilla stuffed rolls with mango, lime, cilantro, papaya, cr̬me fresh served with sweet chili dipping sauce
Bully Food Truck 

These rolls were surprisingly good. At first, it seemed like just another kind of spring roll. But the order we got was very fresh (very hot!), and there was a good mix of tuna and the different mixings and spice to give it a good kick. Good choice for people who are fan's of spicy food! 



Philly Beef Yorkshire – AAA Alberta beef brisket slow roasted and dry rubbed with organic Doi Chaang coffee and Bully’s blend of spices, served with Yorkshire pudding cups, onions, peppers, Bully cheese sauce and pesto aioli
Bully Food Truck

My boyfriend had already stuck his face into this dish before I had a chance to snap the pic. It was a relatively good dish, except I've never had it before until today. I only had a couple bites because it was a little too heavy for my liking. The beef was juicy, as it was covered with quite a bit of sauce. My boyfriend ended up eating most of it. 




Mini Pork Belly Sandwich and Fries with Homemade Sauce 
Drift Food Truck 

This, is to DIE for. One of the best (mini) burgers I've tasted. The meat was cooked just right, not overcooked, and the mayo sauce they used along with the carrot and cilantro garnish just made it taste even better. The fries alone were tasteful. They used a kind of secret seasoning on their fries, top that off with their homemade ketchup and BAM! Mouth orgasm. I can honestly say that there hasn't been one thing from Drift that I've tried and didn't like :) 


Coconut Bacon BLT – smoked coconut bacon, lettuce, tomato, carrot and homemade roasted garlic vegan mayo in a flour tortilla
Sailiin' On Food Truck 

My boyfriend and I browsed the menu ahead of time, and we both agreed this was something we had to try. There's very few individuals who would turn down bacon. But COCONUT bacon!? Now that I've got to try. The bacon was nice and crispy, and it had a strong coconut taste, but not too powerful that it completely overpowered the bacon. Another mouth orgasm causing item! The other good part was for $8, it was beyond the size we expected it to be (imagine jumbo donair size in length) and plenty for us to share. 



Vanilla Liege Waffle – dipped in chocolate (dark chocolate)
Eva Sweet Food Truck 

The classic Eva Sweet waffle :) Even though we were beyond stuffed, we insisted on getting some dessert. Plus, I have missed getting these waffles on campus. The waffle was kind of hard, but taken that they are pre-made and "stored", I didn't have the highest expectation for it. And for only $3.50 at an event that charged at least $6 to $7 dollars per item, it seemed like a reasonable price to cure out sweet tooth :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment