Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Life is About Welcoming New Challenges - The 21 Day Fix


Aloha readers!
Sorry for being MIA the past week.
I do have some very happy news to share with you guys.

For the first time in a long time, I worked out again today (you have no idea how happy I felt by the end of it). This is a big deal for me because it's me picking up where I left off. I only want to be better tomorrow than I am today.

I met a good friend on instagram a while back, her name is Rhonda. I can't quite remember what it was that got us started talking, but we've been pretty good at keeping in touch via email. Rhonda has been aware of my struggles, and she always tries to offer sound advice and encourages me to join her support group via a beachbody workout program. Of course, I had been trying to work on my own programs, so I wasn't able to do so. Until now.

Rhonda enlightened me about the 21 Day Fix, which is a program that "fixes" your eating; mainly teaching you things about portion control, food selection, at home workouts, and so on. The idea was really appealing, since it is my eating habits that I have the most difficulty with. I knew this would be a good opportunity for me to get my eating habits sorted out and solidified.



The challenging parts I see in this workout: following closely as possible to my recommended eating guide (I'm still getting the hang of it), and doing one of the 30 minute workouts every day. I'm not used to working out every day, and the workouts are quite different (more full body work, rather than lifting weights and solely resistance training)

Today I did one of the workouts (Wednesdays calls for Lower Fix), and I have never sweat so much in a long, long time. I can't even remember if I've ever sweated that much! I wiped my sweat off my forehead and my hands were WET. I had sweat dripping off the ends of my hair too. Crazy! This definitely made me really pumped for continuing on with the programs workouts :)


I will try my best to post frequently, maybe once every day or two, to keep you updated on my 21 Day Fix progress! Until then! 

Cheers! 
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment