Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Grocery Haul! (09/21)


Aloha readers! 
I hope you've all had a great weekend, and are all ready to kick some butt this week! 
I went to go get some groceries today, but of course I took a couple selfies before leaving the house :) 


I also like to take some time to plan out roughly what I'll be eating each day, possibly even each meal, and then use that information to plan out how much food I want to pick up! 
I was a little short on time today, but here's a rough idea of what it would look like:

Top left corner: grocery/ingredient list 
Notebook: plan of meals for the week 

I had full intentions of making this week's photo more interesting, ie taking photos with my grocery cart or while I was shopping...but I forgot =P So for another week, you will have to settle for this overfilling table food! 
On the table (left to right): celery, carrots, sweetened vanilla almond milk, light thai coconut milk, mixed spring greens, red pepper, zucchini, onion, coffee grinds, strawberries, simply whey protein bars, sour cream, burger buns, chia seed bread, broccoli, garlic, brussels sprouts, natural beef hot dogs, some milk. 

Some meals that I'm planning to make (nothing crazy) include my signature coconut curry chicken (using much of the veggies pictured, and the coconut milk), toast with scrambled eggs and cheese, tuna and legume pasta salad (not pictured), spring mix salads, sweet chili chicken burgers, and more! 

I've got a busy busy week ahead of me, but since I'm not a huge fan of prepping meals for more than 2 (max of 3) days, I'm going to opt for quick and simple foods (rather than always buying food, like I have been!)
Things like the sweet chilli chicken burger, tuna legume salad are all quick easy options! 
Not to mention the ingredients can be all made together during dinner, and used for lunch foods too! 

For some time, I always thought "why can't I meal prep like other people?" "how come they're seeing better results than I am?" Well, the result part was obvious - because I wasn't 100% committed! Why wasn't I 100% committed? Because what works for them DOESN'T work for me. In other words, in order for me to succeed, do well, and see the results I deserve, I need to find out what works for me and stick with it! Be 100% committed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment