Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Monday, January 13, 2014

Back at the Gym + Inspirational Figures

It felt so good to be back at the gym today! It sucks to fall off the bandwagon so many times, but every time I get back on I'm a stronger person :)

Here is how I looked after 3 weeks of not lifting and enjoying the festive feasts.



Today's workout was inspired by Fitness Barbie Lauren gleisberg's workout.


Lat Pulldowns - 60 lbs 
Reverse grip lat pulldown - 45 lbs 
Seated cable rows - 57 lbs 
Bent over rows - 40 lbs 

My favorite part of the body to work is the backs, so I decided to do a back workout to give myself a good pump to start things off.

The idea of focusing on building one major muscle group for a certain period of time really attracts me, although I don't know if spending extra workout sessions for just one month will show evident change in ex. my back muscles. Definitely something I'll consider though!



On another note, today I am grateful for my #fitfam and my Instagram community. Someone in particular I want to mention is Miss Lauren Gleisberg (who also happened to have released her 12 weeks at home workout ebook, and I supported her by downloading my own copy).

What I was most interested in was hearing Lauren's story. She's such an aspiring person - a truly amazing individual! I am so glad to have came across her Instagram, because I have learned so much from her!

Aside from the health and fitness related topics, she has definitely opened my mind on the outlooks of things - how one sees things. Is your glass half full or half empty? Are you thankful for the things you have, or do you constantly complain about the things you don't have?

One of the reasons I started writing entries about things I feel gratitude for is also because of Lauren - her influential, positive, and vibrant personality makes ME want to be a better person - the better version of myself.

I hope after reading this, you too will take a few minutes of your time to ask yourself: what am I thankful for? What are the things/relationships I have that have really impacted me? What can I do to show others that I appreciate what they do for me?

That's all for tonight!



Cheers!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment