Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Monday, January 6, 2014

Yogi Tea: Quote of the Night

Slowly over the last couple weeks, I’ve started to look forward to my cup of Yogi Bedtime tea before bed. With each tea bag comes a little slip of paper attached on the string with a quote. You may have seen me post a few of these on my instagram. 

Tonight’s quote is “Inspiring others toward happiness brings you happiness.” 

I think these little quotes are great. They make me reflect a little bit about the day and something related to the quote. It makes me appreciate things more, and be grateful for many things that I probably take for granted. 

And that’s exactly what I told myself I’d work on in the new years - to be more grateful, thankful, and to try and write these things down and share it with my blog readers. 



I had a really tough day today. It was the first day back to school, and like most people I was definitely not in the groove. I felt tired, sluggish, and nothing close to energetic. I had to study for some exams I have in the next couple weeks, and it hard to get back into the habit of things. I took a break and went out and had a nice steak dinner with my mother, but before that, I was very down, feeling depressed, and snappy at times too. 

But my mom, being the great mother she is, didn’t pout or yell back at me for being snappy. Instead she apologized (even when I was wrong), and just told me to back to focusing on my studying. My mom is the most selfless person I know. Everything she does, she wants the best for me. If I could grow up and learn half her traits and be half the mother she is for my kids, I’m sure my kids would appreciate it too. 



So while I’m sipping on my yogi tea and trying to figure out how to express my gratitude... I thought of this. I am so thankful (yet can never thank my mom enough) to have my mom in my life. She makes so many sacrifices for me, all because she wants the best for me. She supports me 100% in all the things I want to do, but isn’t afraid of telling me her true opinion on things. 

The yogi tea quote also reminded me that everything I’m doing now is to help me reach my goal (personal trainer and nutrition dietitian). Even though studying doesn’t bring me happiness at that moment, when I am able to do what I want to do, I will experience happiness then. And it’s then that I can bring happiness to others too - both mentally and physically! 

So if you’re ever feeling lost, depressed, or confused - sit down and have a cup of tea, and just reflect upon what you’re thankful for <3 

Cheers 
xoxo

Selina :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment