Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ramble of the Evening: Showing Gratitude for the Little Things

I apologize if you've come to my blog today expecting some workout pictures and my routine, but lately I've been trying to focus more on the mental stuff rather than the physical stuff.

So my ramble of the evening begins...

Sometimes we're so busy and stressed, we get carried away and forget about the little things. While on campus studying on a Friday night, I went to get myself a latte at the Starbucks. Something as simple as the barista commenting on my make up and saying "I really like you're eyeliner, it's really cute!" easily made my day. It's these little gestures/comments that can make people's days. I know it sure made mine!

I walked away feeling happier and more cheerful, and it made me want to "pass on the good deed" of making someone feel happier/ helping someone out. On my way back to my study area, I bumped into two random strangers would looked puzzled and lost. I kindly approached them, asked where they were heading and if they needed directions, and directed them towards the right direction. The guy left with a big smile on his face and said "Thank you, I really appreciate that".

It kinda makes you think "hey! I'm putting faith back into humanity!", or maybe something like that.

I've also spent some time over the past weekend thinking about the different things I want my future to consist of, in terms of my career and my fitness related issues (personal training, running my blog, starting a business of some sort, etc).

It frustrates me that I want to do so many of those things right now, yet I need to focus my time on school and need to build my way up there. That being said, it only makes me want to work harder to do better, and achieve the many other things I also want to achieve. It's by doing that step, that will allow me to take another step towards my other fitness and business related goals.

So here's to the start of a new semester, of the continuation of motivation, concentration, dedication, and hard work on both my studies and my personal health and fitness levels.

(It's cold in my house hehe)


Cheers!
xoxo

Selina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment