Sellychan Fitness Banner

Sellychan Fitness Banner

Friday, January 30, 2015

Weekly Update (01/30)


Aloha readers! 
Time for this weeks check-in :) 
I am VERY proud of myself to be able to tell you that this week, I PUT MY FITNESS FIRST. No matter what happened, I stuck to my plan of getting to the gym. And despite the increased stress load from school, I still feel good and my brain gets the much needed break from studying. 

My original plan: HIIT circuit training on Monday, Legs + HIIT on Tuesday, and Upper body on Thursday. That quickly showed that it wouldn't work out. SO, instead of dwelling over the fact that I had missed that day's workout, I rearranged the schedule. Monday was HIIT circuit as planned, Upper body got moved to Wednesday, and today (Friday) was Legs + HIIT. I made it work! And you can too! I'm so glad I came across Steve's article on why it's OKAY to be selfish and put your fitness first, and how that can ACTUALLY have positive impact on all other aspects of your life. If you want to learn more about the article I am referring to, you can read it here (Original article here).  
This is my happy face when working out :P 

Today's leg workout was a BLAST. Not only was I happy to be at the gym after being stuck in a chair for countless hours writing a lab report, but I tried out some new things tonight! 
Here's a quick rundown of the workout:

Glute bridges superset w/ Fire hydrants - 3 sets
Pushups superset w/ Wall sits - 3 sets
pushups were included because I am trying to rebuild my upper body strength, 
and pushups have always been something I struggled with. Did them 
on my toes until I couldn't, then did them on my knees until failure. 
Dumbbell deadlifts superset w/ Curtsey lunges - 3 sets
Hip abductors - 2 sets

And the fun part; new things I tried out!
Smith machine glute kickbacks - 3 sets
Smith machine barbell squats - 2 sets 

Everyone is always saying how they're "at the bar on Friday night"... well, that was me tonight! ;) 

Got my HR up quite high with my supersets tonight - great calorie burn! 

Report deadlines and midterms are quickly approaching next week, so I'll be working extra hard to stick to this "putting fitness first" behaviour change, in hopes that it will help make me more energetic and focused on my school work!

Until next time!

Cheers!
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment